12 NOVEMBER 2013
9:00 OPENING REMARKS
9:15 STORYTELLING WORKSHOP
Networking like you’ve never experienced before.
Join professional storyteller Lisa Lipkin for a fun icebreaker. After an introduction on the value and power of storytelling as a business tool, you’ll get to know one another by sharing personal stories and memories in short intervals before moving on to your next partner. Fun and illuminating.
PROVIDING MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES TO YOUR CUSTOMERS THROUGH STORYTELLING AND EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
Understanding that consumers are spending more money on experiences rather than the product and what this means for your campaigns
- Uncovering customers needs and wants to build engaging experiences for them
- Finding and utilizing experiential and engaging elements
- Ensuring consumers experience your brand at all touch points
- Successfully communicating the “story” of your brand to capture attention and emotions on and offline
- How can you seduce customers?
Lisa Lipkin, Founder, Story Strategies.
10:30 NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:00 EXPLOTING E-COMMERCE OPPORTUNITIES FOR SELECTIVE COSEMTICS IN EUROPE
- Selecting the right partners
- Making your brand look good online
- Hearing how Coty “Play the game” online
- Evaluating initiatives and adopting a philosophy of continuous learning
Steffen Seifarth, Regional VP DACH & Eastern Europe, COTY PRESTIGE
11:30 USING EXISTING CELEBRITY AND BRAND AWARENESS TO EXPAND CATEGORIES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Harnessing existing audience in the same voice
- Seamless integration between multi platforms
- Creating retail movement
- Examining successful retention strategies
Nicole Ostoya, CEO/Co-founder, BOLDFACE
12: 00 CONNECTING AND ENGAGING WITH CUSTOMERS IN THE 21ST CENTURY
- Have customers changed or is it the medium by which they access brands that has changed?
- Is it the time they spend with brands and what they engage with them on that’s changed?
- How do we understand Boots customers, how are they engaging with us and what impact is that having on our strategy?
Elizabeth Fagan, Marketing Director, Boots Company
12:30 NETWORKING LUNCH
13:45 Presentation & Workshop
"FUNGINEERING'" - MAXIMISING FUN AND PLAYFUL CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT
- Productising play; discussing the power of fun and games and putting play into products
- Utilising gamification in campaigns; making things fun through technology
- Examining the best technologies and tools to use
- Educating, helping and creating a community with consumers through gaming elements
- Maximising brand exposure and campaigns through social media
Sean MacNiven, Head of Communications Innovation, SAP
15:15 NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
16:00 PANEL DISCUSSION
CAPITALISING ON DIGITAL MARKETING TRENDS FOR THE BEAUTY INDUSTRY
- How brands can stay fresh and exciting by innovation
- Building relationships with shopper’s online to take advantage of digital buying behaviour
- Looking at how market trends, innovation and product development may be influenced by South American, BRIC and Asian markets
- Forecasting the next biggest trend in cosmetics, personal care and fragrances
- Creating interesting and emotional stories that will touch your customer through social media and digital channels
Facilitator: Oonagh Phillips, Editor in Chief, BW Confidential.
Laure De Carayon, Founder, China Connect
Georges Edouard Dias, former L’Oreal
Alexandra Soubrier, Digital Marketing Services, Manager, Marketing Analytics, Unilever
17:00 AWARDS CEREMONY
Best Beauty Blogger
Best Blog by a Beauty Brand • Best Mobile App
Best Online Video
Best e-Commerce Website
Best Beauty Brand Online
18.00 NETWORKING DRINKS RECEPTION
13 NOVEMBER 2013
9:15 OPENING REMARKS
09:30 SOCIALMEDIASTRATEGY:HOWTOBECOMEABEAUTY BLOGGER’S DARLING
The explosion of social networks and consumer-generated media over the last few years has a significant impact on brands’ com- munication as consumers’ reliance on word-of- mouth in decision- making increases significantly : 92 % of the consumers believe in recommendations from people they know while 47 % believe in Ads in newspaper (Nielsen 2012). Cosmetics brands now face a new medium and target: beauty bloggers
- How influential can bloggers be for your brands?
- How do you find a quality connection and build trustworthy relationships with bloggers?
- How to make the blog a focal point of your social strategy?
Stéphane Sourdillat, Co-Founder, LittleLessConversations
10:00 WHICH COSMETICS BRANDS ARE REALLY LEADING THE SOCIAL MEDIA CONVERSATIONS?
Most colour cosmetics brands are active across multiple social platforms, but not many of them have an innate understanding of what their customers want, where they want it and when they want it.
This sneak peek into the Colour Cosmetics Social Brand Report looks at how customers want a brand to behave towards them online and the brands that are using this knowledge to best effect.
Heather Healy, Creative Communications Director, Stickyeyes
10:30 NETWORKING COFFEE BREAK
11:00 HOW CONNECTED LIFESTYLE IS IMPACTING BEAUTY BRANDS AND CUSTOMERS EVERYWHERE, ANYTIME?
- The emergence of new engagement models
- Always on connected brand vs connected consumer
- What does this mean for L'Oréal brands?
Isabelle Cinquin, VP Global Digital Business Development, L’Oreal
11: 30 CREATING A GLOBAL AND ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM FOR BRANDS AND BEAUTY AFFINE CUSTOMERS
- Changing the way customers discover, share and experience beauty
- Enabling beauty brands to promote their key products more efficiently in existing and new markets
- An unparalleled way to understand how beauty customers think and behave
Pablo Pastega, CEO France and Spain, Glossy Box
12:00 NETWORKING LUNCH
BLOGGING FOR SUCCESS
Goals must be clearly identified and shared within your team. Every single activity in the blogging process must always refer to those goals. Attendees will learn how to define their goals and which are the most effective strategies to put in place. How to define an editorial calendar, how to organize an editorial team, how to leverage seasonality’s and trends, are just a few examples of what you will be able to master.
How to make sure we are achieving the initial goals we identified? Is there something to improve or it’s just a question of time? Is the audience getting engaged in the right way? It’s impossible to answer these questions without a basic understanding of all the measurement metrics and tools available. During this part of the workshop the attendees will be able to understand how to measure every single detail of their blogging activity, and optimize the efforts to reach your goals.
Luca Sartoni, Blogger & Communications Specialist, Luca Sartoni
15:00 CLOSING REMARKS
15:15 NETWORKING COFEE BREAK